Provisioning a Polycom device can be accomplished in four easy steps. By the time this is complete, you should have a working device.
Step 1: Reset Device Settings
Please also make sure that you have reset your device to factory settings. To do so:
- Click on the Menu
- Select 3: Settings
- Select 2: Advanced (Password 456)
- Select 1: Admin Settings
- Select 5: Reset to Defaults
- Select 5: Reset To Factory Settings
Step 2: Obtain Phone’s IP Address
In order to provision a Polycom phone, you will first need to get its IP address in order to access the phone’s web interface. To do so:
- Find the menu on the phone and then press “Menu > Status > Platform > Phone.” You should see a line as you scroll down, for example: “IP: 10.10.9.88”.
- Please make sure that your device jack is plugged in. If it is not plugged in, it will read IP: 0.0.0.0.
Step 3: Enter the IP Address in a New Tab in Your Browser
- In a new browser tab on your computer, enter this IP address that you see on your device (the default password is “456”).
You should see something like this:
Step 4: Autoprovision Device
- From there, click on to “Settings” in the top tab and then select “Provisioning Server.”
- In “Server Type” dropdown, choose “HTTP”.
- In “Server Address,” input the provisioning URL p3.zswitch.net. (Do not put the http:// in front of it). Please do not alter the “Server User,” “Server Password,” “File Transmit Tries,” or “Retry Wait.”
- “Tag SN to UA” MUST be set to “Enable”
- Save changes. The phone should reboot, if not then try manually rebooting the phone.
Your page should look like: